Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Halloween & Fall Fun

Our kids had the best costumes this year, namely because they were nearly free.  I've gotten pretty lazy in my old age- so I don't want to make anything- and I'm cheap- so I don't want to buy anything.

MJ was originally going to wear one of Taryn's old princess dresses: FREE

Corbin was Superman, and we recently had inherited some PJs: FREE

Reed thought he wanted to be a Pokemon character, but I luckily changed his mind about that.  We rummaged through some nephews' old costumes, and he was happy with this army costume: FREE ($1 spent on the helmet)

Taryn was a "scary cat."  Animal costumes are my favorite, because they tend to be pretty easy.  $2 spent on ears and tail accessories.

Donut on a string game with cousins

We went to a nearby pumpkin farm which was also free.  I was avoiding Cornbelly's at all costs this year.  Unfortunately, my kids still like that place but they weren't totally disappointed.  We just tried to not talk about or drive by it during October.  This little pumpkin farm had haystacks, slides, train ride, a mini corn maze, and pumpkins.  It was only missing the corn box. :(  I will still stay away from Corn belly's, but we might have to fork over some money to go to a little bit bigger place next year.



Reed might be getting a little too big...





Decorating pumpkins...





So MJ was going to be a princess for Halloween, but then I remembered the greatest Halloween costume of all time: hula girl!  MJ played the role quite well, though she was pretty fascinated with her walnut bra.


The trick-or-treating crew.  That's Heath in the ninja turtle costume.  Don't worry, MJ only cried every. single. time. she saw Heath in the costume.  

Not our best trick-or-treater


Cutest Superman I've ever seen.  He loved trick-or-treating, but he was happy to stop and eat all his candy after about 10 houses.

Taryn and Bridger- they lasted a long time!  Let's be honest, if there is candy, Taryn is there.


One final trip into the canyon...and it was freezing!

Some of us were miserable....can you guess which one?


Taryn finally allowed me to come on her school field trip to a pumpkin farm (she has been known to beg me NOT to go).  

Petting zoo

Taryn and Melody

Taryn found her old preschool friend, Sadie

The school faculty always do really cool Halloween costumes: Mario Kart!


No comments: