Sunday, December 14, 2008

Work Party

Kevin's work Christmas party was held at the Grand America hotel in SLC. We had to place our dinner order days in advance and they rented tuxedos for all the male employees. I had to find a fancy dress as well. We were excited about 5 star restaurant food, but neither Kevin nor I are "ritzy" (I never even went to prom). I don't want to go into too much detail of the night, because I've annoyed myself just thinking about it (does anyone else ever do that?), but here are a few phrases that would capture the night:

Awesome food!
Awkward conversations with people I don't know.
Boring speeches about the company.
Rock-paper-scissors tournament.
Cleavage everywhere.

That about sums it up. Oh, and not to mention that I felt like I was in Zoolander: music, lights, skanks, etc. Nonetheless, we were glad we went for the free dinner.

Grand America Hotel

I forgot to bring my camera in the hotel, so this is just in front of Kevin's parent's Christmas tree (wow, am I really short or is Kevin really tall?).

6 comments:

the Braby family said...

Rock-paper-scissors tournament? Sounds like quite a shin-dig! I hope you guys had a good time!

Brittany H. said...

You need to get some good high heels, girl! You're TINY next to Kevin, but so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Your dress looks great. I totally annoy myself with my thoughts. Aaron says half the things I think about don't ever happen, but my imagination just replays things until they've been blown completely out of proportion.

Robyn Maughan said...

You do look lovely in your dress. I love the detail at the center. I haven't been dressed up like that since my wedding day. So fun! Did they sing Christmas songs this week at church?

Kevin & Rhiannon said...

The opening and closing songs were Christmas, though they sang a normal hymn for the intermediate. I don't know why, but I'll take what I can get. :)

K said...

I never went to prom either! I thought I was the only one!