Monday, December 1, 2008

Pizza and Turkey

The weekend before Thanksgiving, our family held our first annual food competition. And pizza was the dish this year. Each family had to make their own pizza and bring it to our apartment for the judging. We sampled all the pizzas and had some impartial judges (thanks Ryan and Jayna) to add their votes to ours and add the scores up. Turns out, Kevin won with his alfredo philly cheese steak pizza and got a "silver-plated" pizza cutter to mount on the wall. Bob and I tied for second (I did traditional sausage and mushroom and Bob's was just fancy...he's a very good cook). It was a lot of fun and I look forward to competing every year!








We drove up to Idaho for Thanksgiving. My sister and brother-in-law also went, and we spent those few days playing a ton of board games (Allie could play board games all day long; I seriously remembered Monopoly lasting 2-3 days when we were little because she would make the bank loan out money). It was relaxing for the most part and Reed was really spoiled by my mom and sister (we're still recovering).




And then Saturday morning, we left Idaho at 5am to make it to my old roommate and very good friend, Britney's wedding in Bountiful. The temple sealing was awesome (I may have been more excited than the bride or groom), because I also know her now husband. She married her freshman boyfriend, Matt. He went on a mission, she dated someone else semi-seriously, they tried dating 2-3 times before they realized it was right. Needless to say, I was so excited! I love them both! The luncheon was super fun too. It's always fun hanging out with our Asian friends. :) P.S. Moroni has a girlfriend, for those who don't know! And the baby in the pics is always Reed. ;)






7 comments:

Brittany H. said...

I wish I could have been a taste tester for that pizza! I'm so glad you got to go to their sealing! So awesome!! They're so cute.

the Braby family said...

Our pizza was such an embarrassment...maybe next year...

Anonymous said...

The pizza looks delicious. Reed is super cute in his litte hat.

K said...

Reed is soooooo cute! And you look super H-O-T in the picture of you and Kevin. :) I had no idea Britney was dating a guy from freshman year still. Kudos for them!

Cindi said...

The pizzas look delicious. I'm glad you had a good holiday.

Robyn Maughan said...

What a great idea! I would love to start such a tradition in our family...but most of us including myself aren't the best cooks. You little guy looks so snuggley in his blankets.

Liono said...

Hooray for Matt and Brit! I bet the wedding was awesome.