Friday, December 4, 2015

Reed

Reed is growing up too fast.  I love how I can have semi-real conversations with him.  He is so smart that sometimes I ask him questions that I don't know the answer to (particularly about weather, volcanoes, riptides, electricity, etc.).  He is always reading a book any chance he gets-the kid is obsessed with Harry Potter (we gave in and let him read all of them).  Reading is his happy place.  In fact, sometimes I have to make him stop reading so he'll do something else.  Since starting 1st grade, he seems to be a bit more independent and like I said, he tends to curl up on the couch after school and read.  It makes me a little sad that he doesn't spend a lot of time with us just playing.  But once in a while, Kevin and I get to take him on a date or spend some quality one-on-one time with him.


I took him to pack meeting (scouts) with me when they had the best carnival ever.  Reed ate his weight in sugar-cookie, donut, and candy.  We were supposed to go out for dessert afterwards, but I scared him about the effects of sugar overload.  I felt kinda bad.  


He's really into games and dominoes.


This is as crazy as it gets for "Crazy Hair Day" at school.  He's a pretty conservative kid.


He volunteered to play goalie.  Twice.  Enough said.



His team the "Blue Dragons" don't win a lot, but they have the best coach!  Coach Trent gives out little patches for best offensive and defensive player and sportsmanship.  It's pretty awesome.

No comments: