Friday, January 2, 2015

Battlecreek Falls

Over Fall break, some friends and I decided to take a short hike up to Battlecreek Falls in PG.  I've done it before but it had been a while, and never with two walking kids (I carried Corbin in a backpack, but Reed and Taryn both had to walk).  Reed actually did really well.  It's amazing what a few friends does for a 6 year old's motivation.  And Taryn stuck by me the whole way and I was feeling pretty impressed with her until we were about 3/4 way to the waterfall.  That's when she started to lose it.  And when she loses it, there is no hope until we have gotten back to the van. 
My kids are pretty wimpy as far as hiking goes.  Which is sad because I love hiking!  Taryn was convinced that her legs would surely fall off, so she would just sit on the dirt trail screaming and crying for several minutes before I could get her to move again.  It was pretty pathetic.  By some miracle, she was able to drag herself down the rest of the trail.  She really had no other option, I was already carrying a kid.  I have big plans for our family and hiking, so these kids better get tough pretty quick!




No comments: