Saturday, January 24, 2015

A dream realized

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE Christmas!  I also have dressed up like an elf every Christmas Eve for the past couple years....just because.  I always just threw together clothes I had on hand and finally got a cheap hat and shoes.
But this year, when an opportunity presented itself to be a "real" elf at the elementary school, I knew I had to invest in some better elf attire.
My good friends, the Rowes, have been going to the school the past couple years and reading the Polar Express to a few classes (namely their kids' classes).  Matt is Santa, his wife Maryellen was an elf this year (she couldn't get Mrs. Claus on time), his daughter Rebekah was an elf, and his brother is the train conductor.  Luckily, they let me in on the gig and it was awesome!  It was especially fun to go to Reed's class.  He obviously knew me and Rebekah (she babysits for us sometimes), but he didn't know about Matt.  IT was pretty cute.  I have to admit, I was kind of nervous once I got there...and I didn't even have to say anything!  I just helped punch tickets and hand out hot chocolate and  candy canes.  It's funny how you react when what you've wanted to do for a long time actually happens.  I'm weird.



 Punching train tickets


 Reading the Polar Express

 Santa arrives!

Passing out candy canes

No comments: