Saturday, September 27, 2008

one more question....

When do/did your baby go to sleep for the night? Meaning he/she goes to sleep and then only wakes up to eat. And when were they up in the morning? Reed is 2.5 months old; how many hours should he be sleeping at night (not necessarily sleeping through the night). Also, he only takes catnaps (like 20-30 min. usually). So does he need more catnaps for not taking longer naps? Or is he still too young to establish anything yet? I guess that was more than one question.

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

Rhiannon, I just commented on your last post, I should have put my comments here--it's all very relevent.

Also, tell Kevin that I was looking through my high school scrapbook for a photo of an old prom date for a post on my blog and I came across some photos of him :) It made me smile--good times, good times.

Nicole said...

Ok, so I know you don't like the books but I was having similar issues and I read "12 Hours Sleep by 12 Weeks Old" by Suzy Giordano. It saved my sanity, I'm not even joking. Go find it at the library. And since Reed's over 6 weeks you could start it now. It gives step by step instructions on how to get your baby to sleep for 12 hours at night. I only found it when Liam was 8 months old & after a week doing this schedule it worked. I will do this for my next kid when he's 6 weeks old. It tells you how much your baby should be eating and when, when he should nap and how long and how to teach your baby to sleep on his own. Seriously, this book saved my life. If you never read anything else, read this and you will thank me. I promise.

And you're not a bad mother. I know this is really hard and you never really know what to do but just do what you think is right. Chances are, it's probably right. Good luck and have faith in yourself.

Katie said...

Our Doctor said babies really are not ready physically or neurologically to sleep through the night until 6 months old (4 months if you're lucky). This worked really well for us-I'd be happy to share the details if you're interested.