Monday, September 15, 2008

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"





Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE Christmas! Well, I get that obsession from my dad. Back in IL, he would keep up Christmas decorations all year long (in his apartment and his work office). We find no problem listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies in May...and we do. My dad had us up to start decorating the outside trees, have a BBQ, and watch a Christmas movie. Sadly, most of the lights were dead, so we only finished about half a tree. But we still enjoyed a steak dinner and "The Night They Saved Christmas" (anyone remember this made-for-TV movie)? You will see my apartment decorated for the Christmas season starting on Nov.1 (I actually enjoy Halloween and its festivities). And Christmas music started months ago. :)
Reed enjoyed the celebration too. ;)

4 comments:

Cindi said...

It will be funny to see a half-lighted tree. :)

Whenever my kids see Christmas lights on after the holiday season, they say "They're just like Uncle Dennis."

Robyn Maughan said...

I've started to think about Christmas, but certainly not decorations. I guess that's smart to put light up when it's not bitter cold outside. Matt has yet to put lights on the outside of our house. I even put the box of lights outside last year and it just never happened. Maybe someday....

Amanda said...

Rhiannon... what a cute little mom you are!! I love how you have your little front pack on. It's totally you.

Nicole said...

I remember Christmas music all year 'round. What's wrong with listening to it all year, anyway? I love it :)

and did you know about free Coldstone ice cream on Thursday (tomorrow) from 5-8? I think it's nationwide...