Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Denver


This past weekend we made the trek to Denver for my sister, Allie's wedding. We drove the 8 hours (which took about 11 hours having to stop and feed Reed along the way) on Thursday, her wedding was Friday morning, and we drove back Saturday. Short trip. Sadly, Reed cried/fussed most of the way there. We think he got lonely and bored, so we drew him some pictures to look at on the way back home. We also took turns sitting in the back with him. It helped tremendously! I'm not a huge fan of doing that, but our sanity was at stake at this point.

The sealing was really good. I didn't think I'd get emotional, but I did. Allie just looked so happy (and Chris too). The sealer gave some great advice. However, there were some funny moments as well...I feel a little guilty saying this but it's true--all the temple workers we met in the Denver Temple were mean! (besides the sealer). Seriously, they were trying to cram a ton of people into the room, pulling couples away from each other (she didn't let my Grandma and Gramps sit be each other for some reason), and she told a lady accidentally sitting in the sealer's "seat," "You have to leave!" Holy wow! It's funny now, but we were all a little scared by the whole experience. The lady at the entrance of the temple also abruptly asked me, "What are you going to do with that baby? (Reed)" I was about ready to say, "Not give him to you, jerk." Now that lightning has struck, I'll stop with the rant.

The rest of the day was good too: luncheon picnic at Allie's in-laws and an open house as well. We did make a trip to Panera Bread (drooling...) and got Cinnabons as well. We desperately tried (and I mean literally) to find Dunkin' Donuts. Apparently they closed down all the ones in Denver recently (this is after Kevin frantically called information several times, asked at a gas station, etc.) I know it might sound pathetic, but I've been craving Dunkin' Donuts for about 8 months now and was REALLY looking forward to going. I was very, very sad about the whole situation...I'm surprised I can write about it. So if anyone lives near one, here is my order: a Vanilla Cream filled, a Bavarian/Boston Cream filled, and Strawberry frosted donut. Thanks. :) There will be compensation.

Anyway, it was a good weekend. Allie is married. Weird. So weird. Here are some pictures...(most are of Kevin, Reed, and I; sorry, I wanted some family pictures). Allie was so pretty though, huh?

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am jealous. I would like a cinnabon! They only have them at the airport so the only time i am ever able to get one is when i go to Tennessee!

Cindi said...

Allie looked beautiful. I'm so glad that she had a special day and hopefully the "mean people" didn't effect her. :)