Saturday, January 30, 2016

Taryn turned 5!

I still can't believe Taryn is 5!!!  On her actual birthday, Taryn got to pick our dinner and a family activity.  She went with her favorite-BBQ- and we opted for take out since she wanted to go swimming at the rec center.  That girl is a true carnivore: drumsticks, ribs, pulled pork; you name it, she loves it.  She's our only kid that I get excited about for their birthday dinner.  Swimming was a fun change.  We never go, but the kids loved it.  Luckily, my mom was able to watch MJ so we could easily take the 3 bigger kids.  


As for Taryn's friend party, she pretty much decided and planned everything.  I just helped her.  I've realized that I don't like friend parties so much (I think it's because they've always been at our house and our kids' expectations are too high; and Pinterest, let's be honest).  So I made a decision to hand the reins over.  Best decision ever.  She decided on a snowman theme.


She helped me make the cake.

They wrapped each other into snowmen.  (Taryn wrapping Livvie).

Debbie, Aaron, and Lincoln

Macie, Taryn, and Livvie

Normally I would definitely not allow a show at a party, but I was really trying to allow her to do what she wanted.  So they watched Frosty the Snowman and it ended up being a nice break (they had also found hidden snowmen-cut out and hidden by Taryn; and a snowball fight with white balloons).

Opening presents (favorites were treats and a book)

Blowing out FIVE candles!

The birthday crew: Aaron, Macie, Corbin, Lincoln, Taryn, Livvie, Debbie
(Reed was skiing with Oma)

Cutest baby ever

It ended up being the best party ever!  Hardly any stress on me, and Taryn and her friends had a really good time.  We still plan on switching birthday "parties" in the future, but it was a good one to end on.

5 things we love about Taryn:

1.  Her spunk!  She has the most personality.  She loves to feel good and have fun!
2.  Her taste for good food.  In fact, she asks me what is for dinner every. single. morning.  I'm       starting to think her obsession for food could be a problem, but maybe we can harness it into a love for cooking.  She is the first at the table and the last to leave.  Even at get-togethers with friends or cousins.  Food ALWAYS takes precedence for her.
3. How much she cares for her siblings.  I called her my sister-wife for a while.  She is the biggest help with MJ and she has changed Corbin's diaper and into PJs several times.
4. She is about the silliest girl in the world.  She's always joking and teasing.  It borderline lying, but we'll figure that out later.
5. How she is always thinking about others.  She loves to give gifts.  That is definitely her love language.  She is constantly drawing pictures, writing notes, and making necklaces for grandma or friends.  

We love you, Tar-Bear!



No comments: