Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Idaho

We took a trip to see my mom and Bob in Idaho 2 weekends ago. They had a really cool zoo in Idaho Falls that was perfect for Reed. It was small, so you didn't have to walk a billion miles to see the next animal.


Reed was way more curious and interested in the animals than we thought he'd be.


It's hard to tell from the picture, but this black swan had the longest neck I've ever seen! It looked like a snake neck.


Looking at some baby ducklings. I think these were his favorite animals.


We made him touch the goat. :) He only likes to touch animals if they are smaller than him. He LOVED Bob's cat, Missy.


Kinda majestic, huh? We were all in awe by this lion...and a little freaked out too.


Now that Reed has mastered climbing up stairs, he is obsessed with it. As long as he spots stairs, he has to climb them.


Apparently he likes to kill flowers too.


And eat dirt.


I took this picture for my mom. Notice Reed holding her finger--it made her day!


I also made a superhero cape for Reed while I was there. It was intended to be for a future gift, but he didn't even notice it on, so it might also be his Halloween costume this year.


Batman and Superman reversible cape.

We had such a good time. It's nice to get away. I think I could maybe even live in Idaho if it wasn't so dang cold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the cap!

Christi said...

Yippee for the zoo!!! We love zoos! And, that cape looks awesome. Nice work. Have you seen a picture of Kevin in a Superman cape? It's one of my favorites.