Sunday, July 12, 2009

PARTY

We had a house-full of people for Reed's birthday party. It was a bit crowded in our apartment but was so fun! Reed obviously didn't really get what was going on but once he saw new toys, he did get pretty excited (maybe since he has been playing with the same three toys for most of his life). It was awesome.


The first new toy.


A little overwhelmed by everything.


Great gift Grandma Debbie! This was the hit of the party. Reed LOVES it! In fact, when cousin Rhettsky rode it past Reed, I was helping him walk and he grabbed onto the back handle. Rhett was going pretty fast, so he tried to keep up by running and still holding onto my hand for support. He finally fell and kept hanging on as he was being dragged behind the car. It was hilarious! It reminded me of the scene in Runaway Bride when that boy was dragged by Julia Roberts' wedding dress.


Frog cake for the Frog. I had to....This is why I had kids.


A little confused by all the singing.


He liked the clapping.


Trying to figure this cake thing out. By the way, Macey's will make you a cake for your child's 1st birthday for freeeeee! :)


Oh my goodness, sugar!


He doesn't really like having stuff on his hands.


Okay, he's mad.


And then content.


And now it's time for bed.

I now understand what they mean by "living through your kids." I had so much fun at Reed's party! Maybe someday he'll get it too.

3 comments:

the Braby family said...

Sorry again about Rhett dragging Reed! Although, Reed might take comfort in the fact that in a few years he'll be big enough to drag Rhett just about anywhere! Anyway, it was a fun party!

Nicole said...

That's pretty funny :) Happy Birthday, Reed! I like your frog cake, too. So fun!

Anonymous said...

LOL -- Nice. Props on the cake!