Thursday, May 1, 2008

Swimsuits and Bras


I didn't know shopping with your husband could be so fun. I had to buy a swimming suit for our upcoming trip to St. George, so Kevin actually said he wanted to go with me. Let me preface this entry by saying that I haven't shopped for a new swimsuit since maybe the beginning of high school. Thus my current swimsuit is practically see-through it's so worn out. Kevin thought he could convince me to get a bikini--yeah right! Even when I didn't have a huge stomach would I ever get caught dead in a bikini! No one wants to see that.

Anyway, the experience was a lot more fun than I anticipated. They let Kevin come in the dressing room as I tried on several maternity swimsuits (nothing went on, sickos). And even though he's okay with me showing major cleavage, he knows that it's not my style. He was really helpful and honest in what looked good. It was awesome (and impressive)! So I found a swimsuit that I liked at the very first store...that never happens!

Nursing bras were a different story. It took a little longer to figure out what fit right. I had to have the girl in the store check me out and see if my boobs looked good in the bras. Holy wow, I had no idea my boobs grew so much...and will grow even more after I'm breastfeeding (or so I hear). It's quite ridiculous and I don't like it much. Overall, the shopping trip was successful.

We ended the night by going through some stores for Kevin, his favorite being the video game store. I guess there's always a give and take.

2 comments:

Brittany H. said...

When Kevin and I were getting ready for our cruise a couple years ago, I bought a bikini and then found out I was pregnant and would be five months along on the cruise...Let's just say I have never worn it! Congrats on the shopping success!!

Brittany H. said...

One more thing--how can that chick's belly be so big and her belly button still be an innie? Weird!