Thursday, September 18, 2014

A dream fulfilled


I have wanted to be a mascot ever since High School.  I even tried out to be Cosmo at BYU (but I got intimidated and didn't go the second day--one of my biggest regrets).  I thought there was still a chance when Kevin thought he wanted to be a HS Athletic Director.  But then he went into computers instead.  I thought that ship had sailed.  Until...
I found out that a girl in my ward was sometimes Lenny the Lion at the end of itty bitty ball.  I immediately confronted her and asked if I could sometime have the opportunity to be the mascot.  She hooked me up.  
It was perfect and everything I imagined it would be.  I couldn't stop smiling (though my face was covered by a huge lion head....I am trying to get the pics she sent through my phone to show my whole costume).  I came in to some music, danced a bit, went around to all the groups of little kids and gave high fives, and then took pictures.  It was SO fun!  Even though Reed and Taryn knew that I was Lenny the Lion, they were still terrified and refused to be near me.  
I do feel fulfilled now, but I definitely would love to do it again!  

2 comments:

Allie said...

That's awesome, Noon. I still tell people you tried out to be Cosmo. This goes right along with your wanting to be a real Santa's elf all year and not just at Christmas time.

Our Story said...

DUDE!!! I am so very proud of you and so happy you are able to cross this off the bucket list. I am so incredibly happy for you right now!! I can't stop smiling at the picture haha.