Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Potty Trained

We decided to take the plunge in November and potty train Reed. I read the "Potty Train in a Day" book and took a lot of advice. I didn't follow it exactly and he certainly wasn't potty trained in a day, but he was trained in 3 days and trained through the night probably a week more. Reed did MUCH better than I thought he would. I definitely believe that it is 95% the child and 5% the parent. If Reed didn't want to do it, I really don't think I could have forced him. So it only took 2 days to convince him that he wanted to. :) So we're not exactly where I want to be (still uses the little potty to poop--pees on the big toilet--he's weird) and needs help wiping, but I am not complaining.


Mastered.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Somehow Chris doesn't understand the necessity of providing a book to a young child learning to sit on the potty...