Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It's summer...finally!

As all you Utahns know, we have been waiting for summer for a long time now. I can appreciate winter (being an elf and all), but once I had a toddler, I was ready for warmer weather. Mother Nature doesn't like spring around here, so it went from snowing to about 80 degrees+ within a week or two. But I'm not complaining. We were finally able to go outside for an extended amount of time! Yaay!

Stewart Falls


Hiking Stewart Falls. Reed cried the first 30 minutes of the hike. What kid doesn't like to be carried?! Oh yeah--mine! Luckily, he gave up and we were able to have an enjoyable time.


I'm pretty sure we're not wearing this carrier correctly, because Kevin and I had to switch several times. Our shoulders almost FELL OFF!


He smiles!


The family shot in front of the Falls.

Bike Ride

The first bike ride of the season...A SUCCESS! He screamed bloody murder last summer but no tears this year! You have no idea how happy this made me. He still hangs on for dear life, but that's the least of our worries.

Splash Park

Getting lubed up.


Testing the waters.


Tried and true.


Check out this trick.


Venturing into new territory. This is deceiving, because Reed really isn't getting wet here.


And if he started to get a little "too wet," he made sure to get out of there fast. Not a normal child.


Reed LOVES the Splash Park! Really, he does.

5 comments:

Allie said...

Spiderman trunks, huh? Kind of conflicts with his Batman father, doesn't it? These pictures of Kevin look like you took them while you were dating then photo-shopped the Frog in! He looks good! And Reed has the funniest expression when you are carrying him! We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Where's the Ogden adventure? ;) Let us know if you want hiking friends because we can be cool like that.

Brittany H. said...

We hiked there before we moved--it was an awesome view. I picked out the land for my house ;) Yay for nice weather and fun outdoor activities!

Cindi said...

It doesn't feel like summer today. Reed is super cute. When were you at the splash park? We went on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Rhiannon! I miss Utah!!! We Need to comve visit. I was so excited when I saw your blog, it all looks so nice and fun. Sorry I have been a serious slacker of a friend (p.s. I promise I'll call you back) I'm in San Diego right now with my family. We had a wedding and a graduation, and Corbin and Moena got engaged!!! Full weekend. I was going to go home yesterday with Ammon, but Scout got some nasty stomach bug and was blowing chunks out of all ends, so I stayed here a little longer.
I miss you. Scout misses Reed. I promise we'll come soon.

Love you!