Monday, April 5, 2010

More Hawaii!


We're on our way!


We knew the trip was going to be awesome when we busted out our cameras at the airport!


Hanauma Bay


Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. We were the only ones that didn't see the sea turtle (I know, you should feel bad for us). My dad even saw an octupus and, with all things, ignored the comment to refrain from touching fish and got a puffer fish to "blow up."
I felt like I was in a giant aquarium.


Pit stop at insta-care for a toe problem. I'll spare you the disgusting details.


Sunburns after the first day: Sarah, Clinton, Chris. These whities just can't handle the sun. Or maybe people like Kevin who used 2 full bottles (for real) were smarter than we thought--he did not get an ounce of sun (which is what he was going for).


The U.S.S. Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor


Catamaran ride


They got soaked! It was quite entertaining. All the little Asian girls on the boat thought it was hilarious. I think I have a crush on Asian girls. So cute.


The group


Getting tatoos at the Paradise Cove luau.


A frog tattoo was very fitting. :)


We saw this a couple times...must not be very hard. ;)


Hawaii is awesome.


It's okay to laugh. Let's just say that I decided not to take the picture of my dad and the Polynesians shortly after.


Pretty beach...sorry, I lost track of all their names.


Polynesian Cultural Center


Tongan island presentation--hilarious!


Laie Temple. You could put the Provo Temple next to this foliage and it would be pretty.


View from Diamondhead Hike


My crazy father braving the waves at Sandy Beach. The rest of us were too scared to get in the water. Shortly after, some professional boogie boarders told us we shouldn't be there and to go to another beach. Apparently, this beach had the highest number of neck injuries in Hawaii.


So we went to Makapu'u Beach down the street. Scary enough waves but manageable to boogie board. Probably my favorite activity we did.


Kevin, Clinton, and Chris played a lot of water football.


While Allie played in the waves.


Sunset at Waikiki Beach.


Hike to Maunawili Falls. It was so pretty, I felt like I was in a jungle. Actually, I think it was. I was waiting to turn the corner and run into the black smoke monster.


Kevin and I


Clinton


One of the billioneth time we crossed a river. Not one particle of Tera likes to hike. Kinda funny to look back on it now.


Okay, so the waterfall was a little disappointing but I thought we'd be able to swim in the little pool of water. We didn't realize until we got there that you could get infected with Leptospirosis. Look it up, it's some nasty stuff. But we did watch one crazy jumping from a cliff 25 ft.+ and landing on his back. He came up bleeding all over himself.


We spent a lot of time looking for this guy. There were a couple more turtles there as well.


Evidence of the amount of sunscreen Chris (and Kevin) put on during this trip.


The Dole Plantation


Aloha!


What an AWESOME, AWESOME, trip!

For those of you wondering, Reed did great with his Oma and Opa. They reassured us that he didn't miss us one bit. Kinda sad. He at least was really excited to see us when we got back. I cried when we left the airport (and when I saw him again). :) But all of us did pretty well at just enjoying our vacation. :) I think I am becoming more and more of a warm weather person. I still love snow, but I could handle maybe a 3 month winter rather than 6 months. Where should we move???

6 comments:

Brittany H. said...

What a blast! I love the pic of you and Kevin close-up with the flower in your hair--so cute. Something to put on my Bucket list, eh?

Mother bear said...

You can't move unless we can move there too!

the Braby family said...

great pictures (other than the one of my with 4 chins and a big scowl on my face.) i love the one where it appears kevin is close to pulling down clinton's drawers

Anonymous said...

YES, you should move to Arizona! Love the pictures. Who is the random little boy in the one of you all at the PCC?

SKYE said...

This looked like so much fun! You definitely did all the fun things there is to do in Hawaii. So jealous =)

the Braby family said...

oh and for the record. i don't hate all hikes. just stupidly long ones that involve mud, blisters, and heat. but yeah, i did hate that one. :)