Friday, April 9, 2010

Frog update

So I always take random pictures of Reed but never really have a good reason to post some of them. Let's just do a Reed Frog update:


He starting to look like such a big boy. But if we ask him who or where the big boy is, he points to to the little "Big Boy" (hamburger) statue we have on our kitchen counter.


He loves slides! Especially big ones.


But he kinda hates the swing.


He loves ducks.


But he hates crossing bridges (if they have a sloped curve). He gets to this point every time and then screams and cries until I help him across. It's a real fear--he is literally shaking. After about 30 min. or so, he gets enough courage to cross by himself.


Playing "squeezes" with daddy.


He loves doing an alphabet website (www.starfall.com) at night with daddy too. In fact, he would try to request it about every 30 min. during the day and throw a tantrum, so we ended up putting our office chairs in the back room. Did I tell you how obsessed he is with letters? It is crazy! Some kids are into cars, trains, maybe animals; Reed is into letters. We got him a DVD called Letter Factory and a few months ago, he got really into it. He also has magnetic letters, a ABC felt book I made him, and starfall. He sees letters everywhere and is constantly pointing them out. He'll even be eating food (ex: toast), and then look at it from different angles and see letters. Believe me, it's not something we forced upon him. I think the whole "My Baby Can Read" is a little weird and freaky. He just really got into letters. As a result, he knows all his letters and their sounds. It's pretty funny. I guess there are worse things to be obsessed about.


Playing letters with daddy.

3 comments:

Katie said...

That is so funny! My hairdresser asked me the other day what Lucy was into and after I thought about it, I said, "Letters". She loves pretty much all the same things you just listed (right down to the same website and video). It has been fun.

Christi said...

Wow. That is kinda like the reading babies commercial. :) Notice he's sorting the letters, too. (Putting the 'm's together.) Pretty much I'd say he's brilliant. :) What a cutie, thanks for the photo update.

Arycca Brothers said...

Hi! I hope you don't mind, I found your blog off of Jayna's, and decided to "blog-stalk" you guys! Reed is so big and cute, I love it! Hope things are going great.