Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Weaning Part 2

Which feeding should I drop first? Here's our approximate eating schedule:

7:30AM--Nurse
8:30AM--Breakfast
12:00PM--Lunch and Nurse
4:00PM--Nurse
6/7:00PM--Dinner
Bedtime--Nurse

I'm torn between the 12:00 and 4:00 feeding. I thought maybe the 12:00 since he's eating a lot at lunch anyway whereas 4:00 is just nursing (though maybe I should do a snack or something). But I thought maybe dropping the 4:00 feeding first since he usually naps about that time, so I need to be at home anyway (granted, I'm always at home for lunch too...but I could feed him lunch elsewhere). What do you guys think? I have no idea what I am doing.

2 comments:

Christi said...

Which time of day does he seem less interested in nursing? Is there a time that he is more easily distracted? I'd get rid of that one first. Otherwise, probably go for lunch-since he's eating then, too. Try to push the sippy cup as well. Good luck! If it doesn't seem to work-wait and try again in a week or so...

Anonymous said...

Man- you're good. Let me just say that I'm glad you are figuring all this stuff out because then. . . you can try it all out with Reed, and let me know what's best.

I am getting SO excited to see you. Two weeks until Father's Day. . .