Monday, April 24, 2017

Sister Wives

Back in the Fall, I went over to my friend, Shasta's house to help her weed.  She had just moved in and I was so excited she was going to be living just down the street.  So I went to chat and see if she needed any help.  We started weeding.  Meanwhile, we heard her neighbor and our friend, MaryEllen, in her own backyard weeding.  Shasta invited her over to join us and that's when the Sister Wives was born.  
We thought it would be a fun idea to take turns once a week at each other's houses doing projects together.  And since then, we've done a number of projects: toy room declutter/purge!, garage reorganizing, painting a bathroom, hanging baseboards, etc., yard work, etc.  It has been so much fun!
 and I feel like we've accomplished so much!  I love these women and through serving together, I have gotten to know them even more and love them twice over.
(Unfortunately, I've only taken pictures twice and recently, we've had 2 others join the "club").

MaryEllen is such a doer!  She refinished her entire basement (including knocking down walls, painting, hanging baseboards and trim, etc.).  She's our hero.

I hung that. :)

Using a nail gun.  So scary and cool!

Sometimes the kids help out too (Melody and Taryn moving weed clumps).

Shasta and Lindi

The new crew!  Heather, Lindi, me, Shasta, (and Mary Ellen)...and lots of kids. :)

No comments: