Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Catch up: Reed's Birthday


Happy 3rd Birthday, Reed! We celebrated with family mostly and per request of Reed, we had a "Blue MIckey Party." The Mickey part was encouraged by me a little bit, but he just wanted a blue party.

I have heard from several people that 3 is much harder than 2. I do understand what they are saying--more demands, more whining, more manipulating, more lying. But I also think 3 is much more fun than 2. For one, Reed is much funnier. He knows when he is funny and tries to be funny. He also has made advances in development and interests. I love that he wants to draw now when before, he really could care less. He wants to write letters and tries to draw actual pictures. He thinks he is drawing cows but in reality, they look like smiley faces. But I love it! He has always been interested in books, but I think it has reached a whole new level. He understands the story line more and tries to "read" on his own. (Good thing he has memorized all the books we own). :) 3 really has been great. We love our Frog!

No comments: