Friday, October 1, 2010

Holiday season

Let the holiday season begin! This is my most favorite time of the year: Halloween and Christmas!!! I can't wait! Oh yeah, Thanksgiving is alright. I usually decorate for Christmas the day after Halloween, but I'm trying to decide if I want Reed to know that another holiday exists in between. But there's never enough time to really celebrate Christmas. We'll see.


I decided to make a Halloween advent calendar this year. I debated between candy or an activity in each pocket and went with an activity. I still have a few spaces to fill, but I may just keep them empty. I am so excited for Fall! Let's hope we have one this year...

4 comments:

Brittany H. said...

Wahoo! We totally started decorating for Halloween yesterday. Such a fun time of year!

Christi said...

Cute calendar! My two cents on Thanksgiving: I like it because it's one of the few holidays left that is truly about being thankful/grateful and just hanging with family and friends-no big gift/candy expectations. It's an old-fashioned holiday and I love it more and more the older I get. I hope I can teach my kids to enjoy it, too. One thing I really like to do with the kids is a Thanksgiving tree (original idea was from The Friend several years). We just draw or cut out a tree and fill it with leaves that we have written things we are thankful for. Simple, but fun. Enjoy the fall (we are in the most beautiful time...crisp and colorful up here) and all the holidays. :)

Mother bear said...

I really like Christi's idea about Thanksgiving. It reminds me of one of the talks at Conference - prayers of gratitude. If we don't teach our kids these things who will? Love you guys. (I wish I would've done more with Thanksgiving with my kids)

Meghan said...

This is such a cute idea. I want to make a Christmas one.