Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Swimsuit shopping

I know it seems a little early, but my family is headed to Hawaii at the end of March (I am so excited I could jump out of my skin!). However, I am having a hard time finding a swimsuit. There are a lot stores that have swimsuits already, but I can't find one that works for me! I am looking for a tankini (easier to go the bathroom) but I want it tight around my stomach so it doesn't fly up when I swim. Seems easy enough, right? No! I think the style for tankinis is generally fly-away type thing which just doesn't work for me. I bought a swimsuit from Shade last year, and I loved it until I went swimming. It flies up and no one wants to see that. I do think that Shade might have some other styles that would work, but there is a big chance their suits won't be in stores on time. So any suggestions of things that worked for you and where to find a suit? I'm also thinking a swim shirt, but don't you have to wear something under it?

9 comments:

K said...

First of all - I am SO JEALOUS! I'd try department stores. One winter I found a suit at Nordstrom, but unfortunately it wasn't cheap. Good luck!

Liz Odle said...

Okay my sister loves tankini's(I'm still a one piecer though)but she loves the swimshirt. The kind you would want is called a rash guard. You can get these at like surf shops (if they exist in Utah). My other sis in law loves to buy hers from lands end for her little girls. These don't fly up when you swim.

Lisa Malloch said...

I found this store and I love it!
http://www.hapari.com/modest-tankinis/
They are located in American Fork and their tankini tops are longer and fit close to the body :)

The Father said...

I'll give another vote for Land's End. I have a tankini from them and I have no problems. They also have a sweet return policy-you can return to any Sears for no cost so just order several sizes and keep the one that fits best. Also, there is a free shipping code you can find online (just do a google search for Land's End free shipping) and it's more convenient than going to the store! Good luck!
P.S. We are going on a Disney Cruise in a week and I can't wait to wear my suit!

The Father said...

That comment is from Rachel, by the way. Just in case you think he's a big weirdo. I guess I'm signed in under Jeremiah right now. (Anyways, he looks better in a Speedo than a tankini.)

Cari said...

2 winters ago I bought mine online at Land's End. You can even try the suit on the virtual "you" that you create. The first suit I bought came in the mail and it was awesome! Couldn't believe my luck on the first try.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to second the lands end suggestion. I got a top from there last year and it's delightful.

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, tankinis are so 1995 ;) If you do decide to get something to wear underneath, you should check out some compression material like at www.underarmour.com.

Nicole said...

have you been to limericki.com? Their tankinis are adorable!!