Friday, March 28, 2008

H-O-R-S-E

Last night we decided to go shoot hoops at the church gym. I've been wanting to play basketball for a long time now (it's amazing how much you want to do things when you can't and how you don't do things often when you can). Well, I use the word "play" loosely because I made sure I didn't jump at all while shooting. Kevin and I just shot around--I shot a lot of free throws (and I'm glad to say that my FTP is better than most of the BYU players)--and then we ended with a game of H-O-R-S-E. This is one of the only games I consistently beat Kevin at. Don't worry, he smokes me at 1-on-1. But I had no expectations for the game last night. We had to make it a rule to shoot within 15 feet of the basket, because that is about my range without jumping. After about 15 minutes of playing, we decided to call a truce. I was at H-O-R and Kevin was H-O-R-S. I think that should mean that I won, but he disagrees. I think he wanted to stop the game before he really humiliated himself and lost to his pregnant wife. :) Needless to say, it was good to "get out there" again. However, I was pretty worn out after only 30 minutes of shooting around. Sad.

2 comments:

El Gran Miguelito said...

Don't feel too bad. I get worn out walking upstairs to my apartment.

Scotty B said...

yes i am okay with you naming your baby after my best friend. maybe a middle name . . . :)